Sunday, August 10, 2014

Thick Homemade Caramel Chocolate Sauce {No Refined Sugar}

For me, nothing compares to homemade chocolate sauce, so when I saw this 'healthy' version at Dorothy's 
Crazy for Crust I knew we would be enjoying it very soon. She created this herself...I am in awe at folks who can do that!

And only FIVE ingredients!  (that includes a pinch of salt!)

I'm a big fan just reading the recipe!!!

This scrumptious sauce truly is thick, chocolately, and OH.SO.GOOD! I think the honey (I use agave nectar as it doesn't spike sugars as quickly) helps make it so thick. 

And I adored the idea of adding my luscious sugar-/fat-free caramel creamer!

Enjoy it over ice cream or dip graham crackers or cookies in it.  Add it to milk or just eat it with a spoon!! (MY kind of enjoyment!=) You don't even have to warm it up, unless you want it warmed.  It can be spread nicely right from the fridge. 

OH MY!!


THICK CARAMEL CHOCOLATE SAUCE 

1/2 c. unsweetened cocoa
2/3 c. sugar-free Caramel Creme coffee creamer (vanilla is awesome too)
1/2 c. agave or honey
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla

In small saucepan, add cocoa, coffee creamer, agave, and salt. Over med-low heat, whisk mixture until thick, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; add vanilla.  

Pour into container (a jar works great). Cool at room temperature; cover and store in fridge.


Linked to Weekend Potluck

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly