Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Crockpot Catalina Chicken (3 ingredients!)


If you're familiar at all with Christy Jordan of Southern Plate, you probably love her like I do.

She's got a positive upbeat attitude and loves life, and shares inspiration as well as amazing recipes like this one. 

I was thrilled to find a recipe for homemade catalina dressing, with all the ingredients I had on hand, so I didn't have to wait to make this tasty and simple dish I saw at Southern Plate. 

This was really delicious and I enjoyed leftovers as much as I did the first time around! 


CROCKPOT CATALINA CHICKEN 
  • 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 lg. onion, chopped
  • 1 - 16 ozs. bottle Catalina Dressing
  • (or about 2 cups My Homemade Catalina)
  • 2 - 3 TB. flour
Place chicken in bottom of 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. (I spray with Pam for easy cleanup). Top with chopped onion and all of the dressing. Cover; cook on low, 6 - 7  hours or high, 3 - 4 hours. When chicken is done, remove it to plate and cover with foil. 

Ladle sauce from slow cooker into a small saucepan. In a small cup, mix flour with 2-3 tablespoons water, stirring until smooth. Pour into sauce. Place saucepan over medium high heat; bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Reduce to low; simmer until it reaches desired thickness. 

Pour over chicken and serve. (May serve over rice if desired). 





Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly