Monday, October 27, 2014

Orange Creamsicle Poke Cake

This is an awesome dessert.  Poke cakes are great all year long, but especially for the fall months...


Orange use to be my favorite color.  I'm not sure when or why, but one day I decided that dark rich purple was the color that moved me.  When I wore it,  folks complimented me on how good that color looks with my skin...

And purple is a 'royal' color...which I love...

So purple it is now, but I still favor orange.

Especially in this yummy moist cake.  The cake has orange juice instead of water - poke holes and pour orange jello over.  Top with instant vanilla pudding and cool whip. 

Luscious I tell you...do try it soon.  You will be so glad you did! 

The only thing I changed was to use less water when mixing the jello. Original recipe calls for 2 c. water, but for me, that waters the jello down...I prefer a stronger flavor. 

I found this recipe idea from Jocelyn at Inside BruCrew Life.  She topped her cake with Orange Crush Dessert Topper - brilliant, but I didn't have any so I used sprinkles. 

This is a lovely moist cake...perfect for your next fall party. 



ORANGE CREAMSICLE POKE CAKE 

1 (16 - 18 ozs) white cake mix 
1 c. orange juice
1 lg. box (6 serv. size) orange jello
1-1/2 c. boiling water
1 sm. box (4 serv. size) instant vanilla pudding
1 c. milk
1 (8 ozs) Cool Whip, thawed
Orange Crush Dessert Topper (ice cream topping), optional


Preheat oven to 350.  Grease 9" X 13" baking dish.

In large bowl, mix cake according to directions on box, using orange juice instead of water. Bake for about 25 minutes, but check time listed on box directions. Remove from oven and poke holes all over top of cake with a meat fork. 

Dissolve jello in boiling water; let cool about 5 minutes. Spoon jello over top of cake, trying to spread evenly. Cool completely in the refrigerator.

In small bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk; fold in 1/2 the cool whip; spread over cake. Top with remaining cool whip; sprinkle with topping if desired.


Linked to 
  Full Plate Thursday
Weekend Potluck 
Meal Plan Monday 




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly