Thursday, November 13, 2014

The BESTEST Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Oh what great flavor these wonderful cookies have! 

A local businessman had done some work for us and requested oatmeal raisin cookies for his payment....A man after my heart...giving me a reason to bake????

LOOOOOOVEE IT! 

I realized I didn't have a favorite drop cookie recipe for O.R. so I got out a friend's cookbook..."Our Family Cookbooks" compiled by her daughter of all their family favorites.  

I have yet to find one recipe in this book I'm not wild about. 

These Oatmeal Raisin Bars recipe is another I got from Margaret, and these were certainly VERY tasty. 

In the book they're actually called "Diana's "Auntie's Oatmeal Cookies"... I did add some cinnamon, but otherwise, it was a wonderful recipe just the way it is. 


THE BESTEST OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES 

1 c. shortening
(I used part crisco, part butter)
1 c. white sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 eggs 
1 tsp. vanilla
1-1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon 
3 c. oatmeal 
3/4 c. raisins

Preheat oven to 375. Cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; then add flour, baking soda and salt, and cinnamon. Blend in oatmeal by hand, then stir in raisins. 

Bake 2" apart on greased cookie sheet.  Bake about 10 - 11 minutes. They will still look 'wet' on top, but I took them out and let them stand on the cookie sheet for a minute, then removed them to a cooling rack.  I thought they were perfect like this.  Crispy outside...chewy inside. 

Yield: about 4 dozen

Linked to Weekend Potluck

You might also like 

Oatmeal Cinnamon Scones






Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly