Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Cheesey Potato Breakfast Bake: Guest Post - Sunflower Supper Club

I am SO tickled to get to introduce you to today's guest...

Kim...co-owner of Sunflower Supper Club

I first became acquainted with her when she joined our 'crew' of Weekend Potluck hosts. 

And I am so pleased to tell you...I'VE MET KIM IN PERSON!! 

I'll let her tell you more about that...and a little more about herself...

TAKE IT AWAY KIM!!! 







Hello! I am Kim from Sunflower Supper Club and I am so excited that Marsha asked me to stop by and do a guest post here at The Better Baker.  I “met” Marsha when I became part of the Weekend Potluck link party. I really got to meet her when she came out to Kansas to visit Tonya from 4 Little Fergusons. I feel really blessed to have met such a special lady and have her in my life.

I am a busy married mom of 4 kids. Our oldest daughter is a freshman in college attending The University of Kansas. We have a son who is a junior in high school and two younger daughters who are in 6th and 7th grade. My husband is an airline pilot and travels quite a bit.  Needless to say, we stay pretty busy and I’m always on the lookout for delicious and wholesome food that is simple to prepare.

Five years ago, my friend Julie and I started a meal delivery and catering service. We knew each other from church and were both in the same chapter of the women’s organization PEO. Julie has since become a close friend and I love that I get to do something I love with a great gal! We try to prepare foods for our clients with minimally processed ingredients. It is the same kind of food I try to feed my family.  

In my family, egg casseroles are not limited to breakfast. We are a big breakfast for dinner family. In my opinion, this dish I’m sharing with you today could be enjoyed anytime. Sometimes I change this up and use cubed ham or cooked and crumbled bacon.

I’d be honored if you would stop by and visit us over at Sunflower Supper Club. We’d love to get to know you!

 

Cheesy Potato Breakfast Bake

1 package (28 ounces) cubed hash brown potatoes with onions & peppers, thawed
1  pound breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
8  eggs
1 ½  cups cottage cheese
½  teaspoon kosher salt
¼  teaspoon black pepper
2  cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican blend cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the thawed potatoes in a greased 9" x 13” dish. Evenly spread the cooked sausage over the potatoes.

In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, cottage cheese, kosher salt & pepper until combined.

Pour over the top of the sausage. Top with cheese. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until set. Tent the bake with foil if it starts to brown to quickly.




Sounds and looks amazing Kim...can't wait to try this dish.  I love easy dishes like this with protein! Thanks so much for sharing! 

Please do stop by and check out all the delicious-ness Kim and Julie share...she's my kind of cook. 






Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly